Welcome to Tyresö castle, which originates from the 1700th century.
Marquis Lagergren was the last private owner of this fantastic home from 1900. Lord High Chancellor and Governor Gabriel Oxenstierna inherited the medieval Tyresö and built the castle and church in the 1630s. In the 1770s the castle was modernised and the first English park in Sweden was laid, planned by the garden architect Fredrik Magnus Piper. The romantic park with its winding paths still remains today.
In 1892 Marquis Claes Lagergren bought Tyresö castle. Assisted by architect Isak Gustaf Clason, the Marquis rebuilt the castle, inspired by original drawings from the 17th century. The Marquis wanted the castle kept as a living document of Swedish history. He donated the castle to Nordiska museet, which has kept the castle opened to the public since 1932.
Opening hours and information
Tyresö Castle is open for guided tours (language Swedish) on Saturdays and Sundays from May to September.
Vi har även bra information om följande: Tyresö företag